We met in the car park opposite the pub just as it was trying to rain. A good crowd set off to find the on out which went through the church yard before heading west to the edge of the village and then north, East and
Just as we arrived it started to rain. And then it poured! But, luckily, there was a large sunshade over the garden furniture so we could still sit outside. The landlord provided large amounts of chips with bowls of chilli to dip them in.
The shirt stayed with Big Stiffy because he had it this week but no-one had seen him wearing it
There were lots of contenders for the pants:
- Saltana because he had spent quite some time trying to get through a gate, concentrating so hard his tongue came out, only for someone else to walk up and open it straight away!
- Anne for answering “I’m fine thanks” to the question “Did you run the London Marathon?”
- Gnome Alone for losing his small sack (Call Girl hid it actually)
- Noddy for shouting “Runners coming through”
- Northern Sole for complaining that he had to do up his own shoe because RSB wouldn’t bend down!
But the winner was Hutch for attacking the electric fence
Then came the namings. Rachel only runs with us in the summer so was named Swallow.
Anne and Caryn wore Fit Angry Birds T shirts on their first hash and both enjoy the occasional cider. Or FAB shirts. This led to Absolutely Fabulous which has just opened as a film. So Anne became Patsy and Caryn,
Finally it was Martin’s turn. He loves tennis, is a bit of an odd ball and is a thong ranger. So he is now Bong Bungee.
Hare: Gnome Alone
Hounds: Wimpey, Lemony Snickett, Hutch, Professional Peach, Hotlips, Noddy, Led Zepplin, Big Stiffy, B’Cider, Rubber Sole, Nothern Soul, Rubber Sole’s Buddy, Rachel, Saltana, Comet, Uranus, Call Girl, Bat Girl, Barry, Lo-Cost, Hell Boy, babs, Albert, Mismatch, Martin, Jo, Anne and Caryn
Date: 2 August 2016
Distance: 5 Miles